Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Read with caution...and not before you EAT!!

OK..so I know I haven't posted in a while...been a little busy...cleaning up vomit...off Tyson...off the floor...off of ME!  about a week and a half ago...Tyson had a corny dog...after he was "swinging"...he threw up...non-chewed CORNY DOG all over the place.  This freaked him out...and us...because up to this point he has not been sick...and he has definitely not thrown up. 

So it begins...Tyson continued to throw up all afternoon...I thought he had a virus...no fever...and after a while he was SO HAPPY after he threw up. So I decided the next day if he was still throwing up I would take him to the pediatrician. 

The next day he was keeping his pedialite down...I fed him breakfast...all was well with the world...later that evening while we were sitting around the table...Tyson stuck his fingers right down his throat and threw up everything he just ate...and then laughed.   HELLO???  

So for days following...Tyson would put his fingers in his mouth (his next two teeth are breaking through) and he would smile at us when we would say...NO...we started spanking his hands (GO AHEAD CALL CPS...I really don't care)...and he would continue to smile and then GAG himself...and then laugh...like the smile you see in this photo.

I've asked for advice...I have called the pediatrician...who seems to agree with me...that he is not sick...he just learned a "new trick"...and there are not baby physchiatrists to treat "baby bulemia."   As long as he is still having tee tee diapers...and he is not losing a lot of weight...he is fine...it's "just a phase."  YIPPEE!!!  Why should I not put things on his fingers....such as TABASCO???  because he is 10 months old...and whatever I put on his fingers is destined to be IN HIS EYES.  (good advice)  

I think my worst episode was when he threw up his milk bottle all over me while I curled up in fetal position in Scott's chair trying to keep it off of the furniture. Seriously...I think he atcually drank 2 ounces and threw up 15.  Scott's worst was probably after he spewed his chicken spaghetti all over Scott and Tyson ended up on the kitchen sink...where he was stripped down and "hosed off." BUT, I think MeMe wins when I found her at Kohls and Tyson was asleep in the stroller with nothing on but a new pair of pants...after he spewed EVERYTHING...I think Megan's words were "If you see baby carrots on the floor that was us."   

"Pre-mommy ME" would have been curled up on the floor crying for someone else to come CLEAN THIS UP...and then they would have to clean ME UP...after I got sick myself. I am officially amazed at how your life changes when you become a parent. 

So far the last few days have been "bulemia free." So hopefully Tyson is through this "phase of life."

WHY DO BOYS HAVE TO BE SO GROSS???

3 comments:

All American Family said...

oh Patty---I'm CRYING over here...laugh crying that is!! That is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. I didn't know kids could think of such things! You should submitt that to some kind of parenting magazine. "Things no one ever told me" - or something like that. Jacob came into the office because he heard me laughing so hard.."Momma, what's wrong?" ;) You'ld be hard pressed to find something to top that "phase". Have fun!!

Jenn said...

That is one of the funniest stories I've heard in a while. It needs to be put directly into Tyson's baby book:)

Jenn said...

That is one of the funniest stories I've heard in a while. It needs to be put directly into Tyson's baby book:)