Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Our "baby rhino" or "unicorn"




We went to the lake for the first time since March. We loaded up on Friday and learned how to travel with two dogs and TWO kids...and pack "everything" you need for a weekend at the lake. Needless to say we took my vehicle instead of the truck...because if we had taken the truck Trigger would of had to actually BE A DOG and ride in the back through the rain. OH WELL...I digress (did I spell that right?) The weekend was GREAT....VERY relaxing...Scott & Tyson even took the boat out for a little while. Baby Mike enjoyed the ceiling fans and lights at the lake house...he thinks it is all pretty cool. Tyson did A LOT of "boyish" things...such as stand on the hearth of the fireplace and dive into the floor like he is jumping in the pool. We were there 5 minutes unloading the truck when Scott realized Tyson was getting eaten up by mosquitos (did I mention the rain?) So he has chicken-pox-like bumps ALL over...he got SPRAYED...then back out again where he came back in with chigger-like bites IN his diaper...poor baby. But all-in-all it was a good weekend...we loaded up to go home on Sunday...Tyson picked up all his toys...the truck was running and the dogs were loaded up...I was changing Baby Mike's diaper for the road...and then it happened. I was trying to distract Tyson...and I said "Tyson show Daddy what you found" (which was a tiny plastic barn) He got all excited and went towards Scott who was standing by the staircase...he tripped and instead of just falling he grabbed the metal rail to the stairs...and it SWUNG his poor little baby head right into the metal part of the staircase. How he did not crack his head open I do not know. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I did ok...until Scott tried to put a bag of frozen corn (kernels not on-the-cob...for you visual learners) on Tyson's 2nd HEAD...and then I lost it...we were all sitting around the kitchen table at the lake...Baby Mike laying on the table staring out while his Big Brother screams his head off...and his Momma sobs like a little girl. HORMONES!!! Scott had to mention that "he has the grace of his Mother." Did I mention that I married a comedian?

So Scott took these pics when we got home yesterday...and as you can see Tyson is "real traumatized." He is STILL hammin it up for the camera. Due to his appearance...I may get turned into CPS tomorrow when I drop him off at Mother's Day Out. Our poor little "baby unicorn" or "baby rhino" (it looks like he is growing a horn.) God Love his little heart.

1 comment:

All American Family said...

aww...I know the whole "crying with you baby" thing! You hurt as much as he did didn't you!! He's a tough little cookie! Even though I already saw the comment Scott made on Fb I still literally laughed out loud when I read it again here. (sorry!) I'm hoping this week is a little less eventful for you!